eCommerce Marketing Specialist?
Our eCommerce Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the planning and execution of eCommerce initiatives for Creative Outdoor Spaces. ECommerce Marketing Specialists will be responsible for managing the development and maintenance of all of our online stores and are also tasked with coming up with new marketing strategies based on the review of business analytics.
What does an eCommerce Marketing Specialist do, typically?
An eCommerce Marketing Specialist should be able to take responsibility for the presentation, content, SEO, maintenance, catalog and overall business health of key products and services being sold. Their daily responsibilities may also include:
- Developing, monitoring, writing and updating product content contained on eCommerce websites/portals.
- Developing subject matter expertise in assigned product categories and taking ownership of daily business administration on assigned accounts.
- Cultivating standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, and new product listings.
- Working with product management, sales, graphics, and other relevant departments to provide updated content for assigned accounts to be shared across eCommerce platforms.
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of account-specific SEO best practices, pricing policies, media assets, inventory and/or pre-orders.
- Having the ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully meet several deadlines at once while maintaining attention to detail.
- Possessing a strong knowledge of the eCommerce space including competitive strategies, marketing strategies, product development, consumer research, usability best practices and industry trends.
- Using Spreadsheets or Excel (pivot tables, vlookups etc) in addition to web analytics to stay organized and monitor changes in product sales and identify opportunities for improvement.
A Paid Media Specialist
While both of these roles have a focus on spending and budget, eCommerce Marketing Specialists are more product-focused and are trying to help sales of that product whereas paid media specialists concentrate on increasing company visibility through paid media promotions. See our full job description for paid media specialist here https://www.celarity.com/job-description/paid-media-specialists/
A PPC Strategist
Much like paid media specialists, PPC strategists are concerned with pay-per-click ads to increase exposure and draw more people to a website or webpage. ECommerce Marketing Specialists have similar goals in mind, but more toward selling products or services. See the full job description for PPC strategist here https://www.celarity.com/job-description/ppc-strategist/
Important metrics for an eCommerce Marketing Specialist
- Customer acquisition cost
- Sales conversion rate
- Number of pages visited
- Bounce rate
- Revenue by traffic source